Monday, February 24, 2014

IF-space (mid-stream UPDATE)

Thanks to Jenn (and HUGE THANK YOU!) I have purchased some majorly great brushes by Kyle Webster.

Oh my goodness are these my new favourite thing (well, second only to sleeping in the middle of the bed). Seriously, they are amazing. I haven't had too much time to play with them...and I'm trying really hard not to overwork this piece because I'm excited and I have a tendency to overwork when I'm excited.

I've been wanting to try a lightweight, watercolor technique (and failing dismally) and this is starting to look like a really good direction...I'll post more as I finish it up.



I am barely 5 feet tall. That does not mean that I don't take up a lot of space. My favourite thing in the world is sleeping in the dead center of the bed, arms straight out to the side. Lola (the small white dog that also takes up a lot of space) suddenly becomes liquid and fills in the space next to me.

A glass of whiskey, two remote controls, two phones, a baseball bat, and a rolling pin. <for the inevitable alien or zombie intruder> Pure bliss in my world.

Dying to take this one to color....I have new brushes to play with. I'll post if I do!

sketch


inking


No comments:

Post a Comment