Tuesday, September 10, 2013

IF-hidden

So, I had the perfect post for hidden...I am all kinds of excited.

Over the last 6 months, I've had the chance to do a bunch of color Hidden Picture illustrations for Highlights....I am beyond thrilled! Illustrations for a publication that everybody knows....I can tell people I'm an illustrator and they know the publication....and HIGHLIGHTS! That's like the gateway drug for me! YAY! It has been an absolute blast.

But...they aren't published yet so I have to hold off on posting those. <I will...as soon as I can!>

I had beyond an ass of a day yesterday....so, I took some time to do a full blown color illustration just for fun....been a while since I've been able to do that. Made me feel TONS better. Plus, I love the challenge of a one day start to finish piece.

Back to work tomorrow. <grin>

sketch






































inking




































final

8 comments:

  1. I knew it was you on illustration friday!
    I'm a follower of your blog! I really like your work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you recognized the work...hopped over to your blog....some really great work on your end too!

      Delete
  2. my favorite IF :) what a talent you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love IF for letting you hear the positive comments instead of all the negative ones that always roll around in my head!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic! I love these earthy colors. I really like those trees! And two great characters too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy.....backgrounds have always been my Waterloo...trying, slowly but surely to pay more attention to them.

      Delete
  4. So cute! I love the leaf resting on the bear's forehead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! I was so glad to see your name pop back up in the comments! Been stalking your blog too.

      Delete