Wednesday, July 17, 2013

off to ComicCon....


.....well, I'm not, but my all four of my superheroified hippos are....kind of like a strange "flat stanley" project.

They will be happily tucked into my pal John's <thanks John> bag....along with a piece for his upcoming show in LaJolla....if you are close in September, you should stop in. I'm in awe of his vector skills. Simply in awe.



http://duckduckgorilla.blogspot.com/

Let me know if you spot one if you are there......would love to know where they end up.

(Can I tell you how great is it to collaborate with someone who lives in California and is going to this show so I don't have to? Everyone should get themselves one.)

I just realized that I double posted in IF this week......because I am some kind of a moron....oh well, I guess this makes up for the weeks I haven't posted. Sorry about that! <grin>

7 comments:

  1. Haha! He is too cool! Terrific superhero outfit! And what a cool idea, another character to be photographed out in the world like Flat Stanley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy....It's my favourite hanna barbera superhero from childhood, Blue Falcon.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful Hippo!! Beautiful style too!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David...appreciate the kind words!

      Delete
  3. OMG! A double post - and DOUBLE your super-cool (super-hero!) artwork?! No!!! Not THAT!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mit, you just made me laugh out loud!

      Delete
  4. Your postcards are a big hit at Comic-Con! So far the favorite is Gatchaman Hippo. Of course, I have a soft spot for The Greatest American Hippo. And thanks for the shout out for my Roller Derby poster exhibit. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete