Monday, July 29, 2013

IF-jungle

This was a quickie drawing for Duck Duck Gorilla that ended up as a thank you for dragging my hippo cards all around Comic Con.


































I have a really bad habit of drawing things that are my friends' ideas. This is a textbook case.

I don't do it on purpose, and I always feel bad afterwards....but, for some reason, their ideas always seem better than mine and when I am mindless sketching.

I try and chalk it up to me sketching better than I describe things...but, I think it might be just laziness and their ideas are already in my head. <grin> I always send the drawings off to the offended friend and never use them for myself....<except now and even here, I asked permission.....because I ask and apologize for everything...part of my epic awkwardness>

So, the bright side of me swiping my friends' ideas? Presents.

 Always atone for your sins. <grin>

....and is the long story of how I ended up with a finished illustration of ducks and gorillas. The End.

5 comments:

  1. Haha! And oh dear, this one makes me wonder if they are all friends OR what happened when he did something with those massive hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...yeah...gorillas are tough to make cuddley....but, I side with him....anything with beaks creep me out, so go ahead and squish them big guy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, I think. He looks a little devious though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See...I think the gorilla is misunderstood...just look at the face on that duck on his shoulder....he's trouble, I tell you.

      Delete
  4. Haha! Presents seems totally fair! Next time someone has a great idea, you could do the opposite! Like a giant duck with tiny gorillas. Or something. Hehe. ;) I do love these ducks, so cute!

    ReplyDelete