Monday, June 17, 2013

confession

Hi. My name is Jennifer and I can't draw women.

Admitting I have a problem is the first step towards a solution, right?

I can only draw women when they are old and have cute round cheeks and floaty chins...they are great to draw....but, every woman I draw can't be older with floaty chins. I always default to men.

Right now, I'm kind of fascinated with bustles. I have been for years....ever since Slue Foot Sue bounced off of Widowmaker to the moon while she was wearing one....I've always wanted to draw that.

So on my quest to draw better women, I'm going back to about the 1890's to try sketching some women instead of always defaulting to men.....maybe the extreme shapes will help.






2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing your loose sketches. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhhmmmm, these are dope, and you need to get rid of the word CAN'T from your vocabulary!!! :)

    ReplyDelete