Wednesday, January 23, 2013

playing AND IF-wings

Yay! This post works for the prompt this week! I'll probably do another one later in the week...I have a sketch I want to finish.

I'm in love. I bought myself a Cintiq at the end of 2012 and just got it set up yesterday.

I did not love the Cintiq yesterday...after hours of trying to get it set up, I was ready to sell it off cheap on ebay to the first bidder.

A couple of phone calls, a long rant to my buddy over at http://duckduckgorilla.blogspot.com, a few tech head friends, and some research and searching fixed my tweeky problems. But, then I had to resent my Cintiq for a few hours. Now, all is forgiven and I'm in love.

I wanted to start small. I need to get my color work back on track, which has been banished for a few months now.....I'm starting to see a glimmer of hope.. It's a start....a start I can stand. Whew!

Sketch



inkings....one how I normally ink and another style

 ...and the color trials.

first, black line with the new rough brush render I'm trying on for size. Like this one.

Second, the same smooth inking with colored lines....meh...not so much.
....and the rough inking. I think this is the direction I'm going to keep trying to play with.

2 comments:

  1. God, I wish I could take to tablets so easily!!! Wow!!!
    So, was the sketch done in real pencil? How bout the ink?
    Love the results, no matter how it was done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to take some getting used to...but, so far so good. Sketch is done in real pencil..I don't think I'm going to be able to give that up anytime soon..everything else is digital. I'm sure you could pick it up...lots of fun!

      Delete