Wednesday, March 21, 2012

IF-shades

A friend of mine was joking about his next project being a polar bear eating vanilla ice cream in a snowstorm...and I haven't been able to get the image out of my head, and it worked with the prompt. (This one's for you Barry!)


And, after that, I started thinking about other images that I could do with just shades of colors. Pretty pleased with them overall.....I think the Rhino folding dingy laundry in a drab room during a drizzle is my favorite.....but I like the Black Bear playing his oboe at midnight too...toss up. Hope you enjoy!







8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, fantastic illustrations! Really fun to look at. That rhino, poor thing, too funny! Bluejay eating a blueberry during a blue moon? Ha! So great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great - but I think my favourite would have to be the foxy fox in a red sports car especially the way his tail acts as a scarf flowing in the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a fun challenge idea... Might have to give that a try myself! Polar Bear still wins in my book, but rhinos next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really fun challenge....be warned, once you get started they kind of take on a life of their own!

      Delete
  4. Holy cow, so many great animals. I keep thinking I picked my favorite then I change my mind! Really, all terrific. I do love the rhino, but the beautiful blue shades with the bird too, and the oboe playing black bear, and the fox. Haha, can't pick. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What wonderful characters--every one! So hard to pick a favorite, but I think I'll go with the polar bear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your illustrations are wonderful and the idea really made me giggle. I love the Rhino and the Bird but my favourite has to be the oboe playing Black Bear :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are AWESOME!! Wow..I have too many favorites..I think you can make a whole series of these...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete